541. There is a subject of some current concern that demands the expression of personal persuasion regarding tangible proof of the Islamic threat to non Islamic societies throughout the world.
542. This is intended to illuminate knowledge of Islam that is not widely possessed by the people of the USA. There are also many historical records of which our sources of information (education/media) are either ignorant or have chosen to conceal.
543. Let some things be recognized prior to the examination of what is herein called a threat.
544. Records suggest that Muhammad, the founder of Islamic faith, seems to have been in conflict with himself.
545. Benevolent, peaceful and tolerant statements and behaviors are correctly attributed to Muhammad. They are often repeated, even in some US educational institutions. This latter is quite inexplicable for a modern society that has such a record of intolerance for Christian expressions.
546. However, the benign and admirable beliefs need not be shared here. It is Muhammad’s other conflicting, violent and intolerant principles and behaviors that represent a threat .
547. The tangible proof relies on translations of highly respected Islamic historians and widely known historical records.
548. Identification of necessarily shortened names and some other terms should be informative for the forthcoming sharing. Islamic scholars may suggest modifications, but I trust the basics to be sound.
— Muhammad – Messenger and final Prophet of Allah (God)
— Qur’an – Revelations from the Archangel Gabriel
— Hadith – Traditions and sayings of the Prophet
— Sira – Biography of Muhammad
— Sunnah – Models of behavior derived from the Qur’an, Hadith and Sira
— Sharia Law – Laws governing all civic and spiritual behavior with the Qur’an and Hadith as its foundation
— Jizya – Poll tax required of subjugated people, particularly Jews and Christians, for “protected” status
— Mecca – Birthplace of Muhammad – major trade center – principal city of pilgrimage
— Medina – City to which Muhammad & followers fled to avoid persecution from non believers
— Hijra – Muhammad’s flight from Mecca to Medina, eluding persecution by non believers
— Ka’bah – Religious shrine in Mecca – Housed representations of many gods of Arabia – Muhammad removed all but Allah
—- Mi’raj – Muhammad’s one night heavenly tour to Jerusalem, Heaven and Hell, led by Gabriel
—- Buraq – The heavenly winged horse, with the head of a man, that carried Muhammad on his night journey
—- Shi’i – Those who believed leadership of Islam should fall upon the blood line of the Prophet – Represented by Ali, a cousin of Muhammad, and Fatima, Ali’s wife & Muhammad’s daughter
—- Sunni – Those who believed leadership should be selected from Muhammad’s advisors – Abu Bakr was the first in line
—- Caliph – Chief Muslim religious and civil leader
—- Caliphate – An area ruled by a caliph
—- Imam – A title of various Muslim leaders, especially one succeeding Muhammad as leader of Shiite Islam.
—- Hidden Imam, the Mahdi – Islamic leader who will reveal himself to become Imam/Caliph of a world wide Caliphate.
—- Islamic Historians of reference – Ibn Ishaq, Ibn Sa’d and Bukhari, upon whose records much of the following information is based
—- Muslim Translators of reference – Abdullah Yusuf Ali and Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall
549. Acknowledging the age old expression, “actions speak louder than words”, we will next consider the Prophet, the man, his claims and his actions.