Please disregard the uninvited corrections that WordPress chooses to make on my posts. The proper numerical designations of the successive items will be identified in parentheses….. The intention is to extend this post into hundreds of items.
- (21) Let it be noted for any future reference that the word “ignorance” has a basic definition of lacking information…. “stupidity” pertains to actions or decisions. I am personally ignorant of the interpretation of sheet music. I am not stupid enough to demonstrate that ignorance at a piano recital.
- (22) To avoid a public display of ignorance, it may be best to know the meanings of our words.
- (23) For example, there may be a problem with the use of a word that seems to be currently popular with demonstrators and their organizers. The use of that word may be due to the ignorance of some or the intent to inflame emotions by others.
- (24) That word is “Nazi”.
- (25) Nazi – a member of the National Socialist German Workers’ party or an adherent of a party or movement similar to that of the Nazis.
- (26) Nazism – the body of political and economic doctrines of the National Socialist German Workers’ party … including the totalitarian principle of government, state control of all industry and predominance of groups assumed to be racially superior.
- (27) If an ignorant person wished to reveal his condition by selecting only his desired portion of the definition, he could label Bernie Sanders and Abraham Lincoln as Nazis.
- (28) There does seem to be a number of people who use a Saul Alinsky (we’ll deal with him more extensively in a future sharing) tactic of inciting emotions by encouraging the use of the word, “Nazi”.