After the original posting of this blog, I see that the very helpful folks at wordpress decided I had made a mistake and corrected my enumeration beginning with Number 9 and replaced my numerals (9 – 20) with letters — Don’t know what I can do to correct this, but I’m trying …….. THANKS, WORDPRESS! – – – – – – – Well, looks like I can’t correct it…. Don’t know what they will do when I get to number 27… (Maybe I found a solution)
This is the third of a continuation of the henceforward format of this blog.
- (9) In order to properly communicate with others, the meanings of words become of signal importance. That word “signal”, for example may be used as a noun, verb or adjective. In this case it is used as an adjective modifying “importance” to the effect that it means “outstanding” importance. Thus it would be worthwhile for us to examine the understanding of a few words in the context of some of today’s contentions (not intended to include all extended meanings).
- (10) Prejudice – an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, group, race or supposed characteristics.
- (11) Bigot – one who is obstinately and irrationally, often intolerantly, devoted to his own church, party, belief or opinion.
- (12) Racist – One who assumes that psychocultural traits and capacities are determined by biological race, and that races differ decisively from one another which is usually coupled with a belief in the inherent superiority of a particular race.
- (13) Testament – (Some may have wondered about the meaning and intent of that word) One definition is tangible proof, evidence. Another is an expression of conviction. Both will be exercised in what I have chosen to call a Last Sharing and & Testament.
- (14)We will now engage in an activity involving one or more of the preceding definitions. Those who have read some of these previous ramblings will have an idea where we are headed here.
- (15) Considering the definitions above, what would be your judgment of a person who made the following very public and emphatic statements of belief?
- (16) The white race should always be given the superior societal position above the black. Blacks should not be allowed to hold public office. They should not be allowed to serve on juries. They should not be allowed to intermarry with whites, and they should not be allowed to vote. They should be returned to the homeland of their ancestry, but that solution is impractical.
- (17) If you logically conclude that the statements in number 16 fit one or more of the definitions, you have just described Honest Abe, two years before he became president. The complete transcript of his remarks was really more revealing than the need for brevity will bear.
- (18) All of this is shared, not to promote any kind of emotional response, but to begin the task of demonstrating the failures (or worse, manipulations) of our education systems.
- (19) We do not need to tear down the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C., attack people who would protect the monument, parade in the streets, burn and loot buildings or block traffic.
- (20) A lot more sharing of truth is yet to come… not just in this domain … so, relax… take a deep breath… and remember… what “was”… was. And press on to use truth to make what “is”… better.